Delivery of your car
Taking delivery of your new Motability car is an exciting moment for every Motability Scheme customer. To make the process as worry-free as possible, there are a few things you can do to plan ahead.
Planning for delivery day
It’s best to call your dealer a week or so before your car is due. They will be able to confirm the estimated delivery time.
You or your appointee must be at the dealership to sign for the new car. If you are not well, please get in touch with your dealer and agree another date. A nominated driver cannot collect the car without you. The only exception to this is for Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) customers who have arranged their vehicle to be delivered to their home.
Your PIN pin123
To pick up your new car, you will need to key in your Personal Identification Number (PIN) at the dealership. This is instead of signing a paper document and confirms your acceptance of the Contract Hire Agreement Terms and Conditions Will download a resource(PDF 108KB) . Your PIN will be sent to you with your customer acceptance letter, approximately two weeks after you have ordered your car.
Don’t worry if you have lost, or not received your PIN. You can still pick up your car on time.
- If you have more than two weeks to go, please call our Customer Services team on 0300 456 4566 and we can post a new PIN to you.
- If you can't remember the password you gave your Motability specialist when you placed your order, they can access the PIN for you.
- If you are unable to recall your password or your dealer doesn’t have a mobile number for you, they can contact us and we will ask you a few security questions over the phone.
Please remember to tell your dealer in advance if you don’t have your PIN.
If you have chosen a car with an Advance Payment, this must be paid in full to your dealership on collection.
Checking your car
Make sure you check your car before you enter your PIN.
By entering your PIN you are accepting your car and beginning your lease agreement. Before you ‘sign:’
- Ask your dealer to give you a tour of the car. If you are not sure about any features on your car, ask your dealer to explain them before you drive away. If your car has locking wheel nuts, make sure that you know where they are - they are usually in the boot of your car. If there are any obvious problems with your car, we would advise you not to key-in the PIN
- Check that you and/or your nominated drivers are on your new insurance cover note
- Make sure the dealer has your correct contact details so they can contact you during your lease with important information such as service reminders.
And then you’re ready to go! Welcome to the Motability Scheme.