One Big Day, Glow, Bluewater
PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT HAS NOW EXPIRED.
Glow, Bluewater in KentOne Big Day, Glow, Bluewater
One Big Day at Glow, Bluewater in Kent provides the perfect opportunity to discover everything you need to know about worry-free motoring with Motability. It's a fun day out for all the family and what's more, admission is free!
PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT HAS NOW EXPIRED.
What's at One Big Day, Glow, Bluewater?
A huge display of Motability vehicles, including:
- Over 50 cars from 14 manufacturers Will download a resource(PDF 2MB)
- Over 25 scooters and powered wheelchairs Will download a resource(PDF 2MB)
- Over 20 adapted cars and Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles Will download a resource(PDF 2MB)
You can also:
- Test drive adapted and non adapted cars Will download a resource(PDF 2MB)
- Chat to one of many Motability advisors who are on hand to answer your questions.
Plus, there's also:
- One free hot or cold drink for every visitor
- Children's entertainment including Billy the Bear!
Test drives at One Big Day, Glow, Bluewater
You can test drive adapted and non-adapted cars, both as a driver or passenger to see which ones best suit your needs.
The adapted cars are fitted with a wide range of different adaptations – hand controls, steering wheel balls, electronic brakes, left foot accelerators. Full details of what’s fitted to individual cars will be available soon.
We have professional driving instructors that will accompany you on your test drive to help make you feel as safe as possible.
Unfortunately it is not possible to test drive Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles, however, there will be lots to see, experts on hand to answer your questions and you can arrange a home demonstration for a later date.
To avoid disappointment please ensure you bring your full driving licence (including the paper counterpart) if you want to test drive any cars. You will also be unable to take a test drive if you have more than three penalty points on your licence.
More information about One Big Day, Glow, Bluewater
Download the Glow Bluewater map Will download a resource(PDF 700KB) for more details of what's on display.
On arrival you’ll be given a token that you can exchange for a free tea, coffee or soft drink and there will be a range of light refreshments available to purchase at the event.
Venue accessibility and parking
There will be plenty of free parking which is on concrete. The earlier you arrive the closer you will be to the main entrance, but none of the parking is too far away. There will be a courtesy shuttle service between the car park and the entrance. If you need to use this please wait next to your car to be collected. To park in the most accessible and closest car park to the event, follow signs for ‘One Big Day’ and ‘Glow’ Will download a resource(PDF 1MB) . Assistance will be on hand in these areas if required. The event is accessible from the Upper Mall so if you do park in a different area we recommend you park on an upper level to ensure the best experience.
Mobility scooter and wheelchair hire
Advance booking for scooters and wheelchairs is now closed. We may have some available on the day on a first-come first-served basis.
What's at the event for kids?
There will be a children’s entertainment area available with free face painting, free balloon modelling and much more. Plus, get the chance to meet Billy the Motability Bear!
You will only be able to bring an assistance dog to the event. We're sorry, no other pets are allowed.
Directions to One Big Day, Glow, Bluewater
Glow, Bluewater, Greenhithe, Kent, DA9 9SG. Bluewater is located just off the M25 Dartford CrossingOpens in new window .
The event will be well sign posted, look for the AA signs.
- If you have a SATNAV, just enter the postcode DA9 9SG and the directions will guide you to Bluewater. Then follow the signs for ‘One Big Day’ and ‘Glow’
- Alternatively, from the M25, follow signs to Dartford Crossing. Look out for Junction 2 (A2/M2), then follow the signs for ‘One Big Day’ and ‘Glow’
- Hop on the UK’s first high speed train service from St Pancras and get to Ebbsfleet in just 18 minutes. From there, you can take a Fastrack bus to Bluewater. Plan your journey online with National Rail EnquiriesOpens in new window or Transport for LondonOpens in new window
- South Eastern Trains arrive at Greenhithe station every 15 minutes from London (Charing Cross, Waterloo East, London Bridge or Cannon Street) and other Medway towns. Then you can take a Fastrack A or B bus to Bluewater, just five minutes away – this should be included in the price of your train ticket.
Shuttle buses run from 6am to 11.45pm, 7 days a week from the bus stop next to the ticket machines on your right, as you leave the station.
Take your pick from over 60 buses that visit Bluewater every hour. For an express service, between 25 and 40 minutes, there’s the 700, 701, 703 or 704 routes.
Need more information?
If you have any questions about the One Big Day at Glow, Bluewater then please call our friendly event support team on 0800 953 7000.