Here are some tips to maximise battery life so that you can continue to get the most from your product:
- Do not allow the battery to become flat as this will damage it and will impact the performance and reliability of your product.
- It’s important not to charge your product for less than eight hours or for longer than 24 hours. Choose a time when you can charge it for around eight to 10 hours, for example overnight.
- Charge the battery after every use; the battery will last longer and your product will work better if the battery is fully charged before every journey.
- Only charge your scooter or powered wheelchair battery using the charger supplied with your mobility product.
- In the event that your product will not be used for a prolonged period of time, remember to charge it fully, approximately once every two weeks to keep it in good condition.
- Charge the battery fully after taking delivery of your product from your dealership.
Even when the battery is fully charged, the amount of power provided by the battery will vary according to its age, the type of terrain you are travelling over, the outside temperature and the weight your product is carrying.
If you lease your scooter or powered wheelchair through the Motability Scheme and you start to experience issues with the battery performance during your lease, simply speak to your dealer to arrange for them to check it for you.