Can I get a Motability Scheme car on attendance allowance?
Attendance Allowance cannot be used to lease a car through the Motability Scheme. However, if you receive any of the following allowances and have at least 12 months award remaining, you can exchange all or part of the allowance to cover the cost of a lease agreement:
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Adult Disability Payment (Scotland)
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Child Disability Payment (Scotland)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)