Accessibility at One Big Day and The Big Event
We want to make sure that all visitors to The Big Event and regional One Big Days have a fantastic day, that's why we do our best to make our events as accessible and inclusive as possible.
See what Linda and Obi the assistance dog thought of The Big Event last year.
All event venues are fully accessible to both scooters and wheelchairs.
We provide a large number of fully accessible toilets along with a High Dependency Unit equipped with adult and child changing facilities.
It's free to park at all our events (including the NEC). There are also car park assistants and an accessible golf buggy shuttle service to the main entrance.
Book a Scooter
We have a limited number of scooters and manual wheelchairs available to borrow free of charge - these will be available to book online nearer to the event.
All our events are autism friendly
We want everyone to feel comfortable at our events and provide the best possible visitor experience. So, here’s some extra information to help make your visit to a One Big Day as enjoyable as possible.
- Quiet / Sensory Room - There will be a quiet room with sensory products available to use at all our events. If you would like to access this room then please let a member of the One Big Day event team know.
- Quieter times of day - As our events can get quite busy, you may be interested in attending the events at the quieter times which are generally between 2pm and 4pm.
- Ear defenders - We have a limited number of ear defenders available to borrow on request.
- Free wifi - Available to all visitors.
- Loud speaker announcements - These will be kept to a minimum and are only used for emergencies. There will be planned announcements at 3:45pm onwards to let guests know the show is closing at 4pm.
- Music - No music is played at any of our events.
- We’re here to help - Our team of Motability Scheme advisors are there to answer questions and provide support to all our guests. So, if you need any help on the day simply let one of them know.
Assistance dogs welcome
Assistance dogs are welcome at our events, however any other dogs or pets are not allowed and refused entry. Please do not leave your dogs in your car while you attend an event.