What difference could the Motability Scheme make to you?
The Motability Scheme has a range of different options to keep you mobile, depending on your needs. Choose from a huge range of cars, scooters, powered wheelchairs or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles, all of which come with our fully inclusive lease package, so you can get on the road and enjoy everyday freedom: it's simple, affordable, reliable.
Want to find out more?
The Motability Scheme offers an all-inclusive package that allows you to exchange your higher rate mobility allowance to lease a car, scooter, powered wheelchair or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
If you've recently received a leaflet from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) that includes the code PIP 18-4, you are very likely to be eligible to apply. All you need to join the Scheme is at least 12 months remaining on one of the following allowances:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of the Personal Independence Payment
- War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement
- Armed Forces Independence Payment.
If you'd like us to send you more information about the Motability Scheme, simply choose how you'd like to receive this by selecting a button below.
How does the Motability Scheme work?
- You pick the brand new car or scooter of your choice, at a price that works for you.
- If you don't drive, don't forget that you can add friends and family as named drivers instead. Or you might be looking for a scooter or powered wheelchair to make getting around easier.
- A typical lease lasts for three years, and we take care of running costs like insurance and breakdown cover as part of our all-inclusive package. All you need to do is add fuel and go.
- Then, at the end of your lease, you hand your vehicle back and you can collect your next one.
Regardless of which Motability Scheme product you choose to get you mobile, all our products come with the same worry-free package, including:
- Insurance (that's for two named drivers on our cars and WAVs
- Breakdown cover from the RAC (Motability Assist for scooters and powered wheelchairs)
- Servicing and maintenance
- Hundreds of adaptations for your car, many at no extra cost
- Tyre repair and replacement, windscreen repair, MOTs and road tax
- 60,000 mileage allowance for over three years, or 100,000 over five years for WAVs
- Battery replacement for scooters at no extra cost
- Support from our dedicated UK-based Customer Services team (who were recently voted best in the UK).
Why join us?
Motability Scheme dealers will help you choose the product that works for you and your family, and complete the application. We arrange payment with the DWP directly from your allowance. Then at the end of the lease, you can simply hand the vehicle back and start your next lease.
There's a range of vehicles
You choose the budget that works for you, whether that’s paying less than your weekly mobility allowance, exactly the same as your allowance, or your allowance topped-up with a one-off Advance Payment.
You can rely on us
It’s a brand new vehicle or product with insurance and breakdown cover included, so you don’t have to worry about any of the running costs or making arrangements, we’re here to help.