Looking after your car tyres
With tyre replacement from Kwik Fit included as part of your lease, we can get you back on the road as quickly and safely as possible.
Your worry-free Motability package includes replacement tyres
Tyres worn or damaged through normal use will be replaced for no extra cost as part of your lease. Tyre replacement is subject to a ‘fair usage’ policy.
The following are also covered at no extra charge:
- puncture repairs
- wheel balance
- replacement of stolen or vandalised tyres
Most Kwik Fit branches operate on a first-come, first-served basis, which can lead to long waiting times during busy periods. But it’s now possible to pre-arrange an appointment with Kwik Fit’s new online booking service.
Arranging an appointment is simple – all you need is your vehicle registration number and your tyre size (this can be found embossed on the side of the tyre and is a series of numbers and letters).
Using the new online booking service will allow you to:
- Pre-book an appointment at time that suits you, cutting down on waiting times
- See all of the centres local to you and choose which centre you’d like to visit
- Be assured that replacement tyres will be in stock when you visit, eliminating wasted journeys.
There are 678 Kwik Fit centres across the UK, all open seven days a week. There are several ways you can find your nearest centre:
Using the new text alert service
If you’re out and about and have a problem with your tyre, text KWIK to 81025 and you’ll receive a text giving you the address and phone number of the centre nearest to your location. Normal network costs apply.
Using the mobile service
If you are unable to get to a centre, the tyre you need is not in stock or if accessibility at your nearest centre is difficult, Kwik Fit also offer a mobile service. The service is available by appointment in advance only and is not able to repair punctures. To organise an appointment for one of Kwik Fit’s 220 mobile fitting units to replace tyres at your home at no extra cost, please call 0330 123 1533 . To make sure they bring the right tyres for your car, you’ll need to have your car registration and tyre size to hand when you arrange your appointment.
Appointments are available between 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday or 8.30am to 12.30pm on Saturdays. With national coverage and over 200 mobile fitting vans, Kwik Fit Mobile is committed to visiting you within three working days. Please note that the mobile service can often take longer to arrange and complete than if you were to have the tyre change at a centre.
Please bear in mind that Kwik Fit Mobile is not an emergency service, so if you are out and are unable to continue due to a tyre problem, you should contact RAC on 0800 73 111 73.
Before you visit
- If your car has locking wheel nuts, you will need to bring the key which was supplied with your car – this is usually found in the boot
- If you have specific accessibility requirements, it’s worth phoning ahead to check which of your local centres may be the most accessible. Most of the Kwik Fit centres are step-free, however, a few are based in older buildings which may not be as accessible.
When you arrive
As soon as you arrive, please make sure you tell the person you speak to that you’re a Motability customer. They will be able to confirm this by checking your car’s registration number on their computer. You will also need to tell them if you have any adaptations fitted to your car in case a member of staff needs to drive it.
Kwik Fit repairs are usually carried out while you wait.
The Kwik Fit refurbishment programme
Kwik Fit is currently embarking on a major programme to refresh its 678 centres across the UK. The aim of the refurbishment is to improve accessibility and offer a much more enjoyable customer experience.
- The reception areas will be redesigned to create a welcoming and customer-friendly environment - the traditional garage-style high-level counters are being replaced with individual desks so staff can sit down with each customer to discuss their requirements
- The waiting areas will have comfortable seating, coffee, free WiFi and televisions.
Legally, tyres need to be replaced when the tread depth falls to 1.6mm on 75% of the contact service. However Kwik Fit will replace tyres on Motability cars when the depth falls to 2.0mm.
Kwik Fit will always fit an appropriate tyre but this may not be the same brand as was originally fitted by the manufacturer. Rest assured that this will have no impact on the safety or performance of your Motability car.
Some new cars no longer come with a standard spare wheel. If this applies to your car, make sure you ask your dealer what alternative solution has been provided. If you are not sure what to do, remember that your Motability package comes with full breakdown cover from the RAC and free tyre replacement from Kwik Fit. There will always be someone to help if your tyre needs replacing.
In some cars, an emergency inflation kit is supplied for use with punctures. Once the canister has been used, you should contact your managing dealer to get a replacement. If you are not comfortable using the kit, you may contact the RAC or Kwik Fit who will do this for you.
If you live in a remote area or somewhere that regularly experiences extreme weather conditions you could consider having snow tyres, chains or socks fitted to your Motability car. However you would need to pay for this yourself. Please contact our Customer Services team to discuss this before you arrange a fitting.
Do take care and ensure that the driving conditions are safe for you to make your return journey before setting out.
If you need to replace your tyres whilst abroad:
- Call Kwik Fit Tyreline on +44 (0)1698 802022 for advice
- Visit one of many Kwik Fit service points across Europe
- Keep the receipt if you have to buy tyres and contact Kwik Fit on your return as you may be entitled to a refund.
If Kwik Fit cannot get the tyre you need or if your nearest Kwik Fit is too far away, you may be able use another tyre company. You would have to pay up-front and claim the money back from Motability. Please contact our Customer Services team before ordering for advice.