This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience, by continuing to browse on the website you are agreeing to our cookie policy.

  1. What happens if I am awarded the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component (ERMC) of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)?

    Print this page
    Print this page

    The Motability Scheme works with Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in the same way as it does with Disability Living Allowance (DLA) today. With the Motability Scheme, you can lease cars, powered wheelchairs and scooters to disabled people who receive any one of the following allowances:

    • Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of PIP
    • Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance
    • War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement
    • Armed Forces Independence Payment
Back to FAQs