The Motability Scheme enables disabled people to use their government-funded mobility allowance to lease a new car, scooter or powered wheelchair. In fact, since the Scheme was set up in 1978, Motability has helped over 4 million people get mobile with a new vehicle.
Watch our short video below to find out how to join the Motability Scheme in three simple steps.
There are currently over 640,000 people enjoying the benefits of Motability. The following are included in our worry-free package:
- A brand new car, powered wheelchair or scooter every three years, or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) every five years
- Insurance, servicing and maintenance
- Full breakdown assistance
- Annual vehicle tax
- Replacement tyres (and batteries for scooters and wheelchairs)
- Windscreen repair or replacement
- 60,000 mileage allowance over three years for cars; 100,000 for WAVs
- Many adaptations at no extra cost
- Two named drivers for your car
The Motability Scheme is directed and overseen by Motability, a national charity that also raises funds and provides financial assistance to customers who would otherwise be unable to afford the mobility solution they need.
Motability Operations is a company responsible for the finance, administration and maintenance of Motability cars, scooters and powered wheelchairs.
Find out about Allen's experience of being on the Motability Scheme
Take a look at our video gallery to see our series of videos, which show how the Motability Scheme has made a difference to our customers lives.