Every three months, we renegotiate our prices with our manufacturers so that we can offer you a choice of suitable and affordable vehicles to lease.
There are three pricing options available on the Scheme.
Cars that cost less than your mobility allowance:
There are over 150 cars that cost less than your mobility allowance, giving you money back to spend as you wish. There is no Advance Payment required. They include:
- Volkswagen up 1.0 Move Up 5dr with air conditioning
- Suzuki Swift 1.2 SZ2 5dr with electric door mirrors.
Cars that cost all of your mobility allowance:
Choose from a range of over 300 cars that cost the same as your allowance. There is no Advance Payment on these models; it means you swap the whole of your weekly higher rate mobility allowance for the car of your choice. These cars will display the words ‘Total Allowance’ on the specifications page for weekly rental amount on the Car Search tool .
- Ford B-Max 1.6 Zetec 5dr . This model has remote central locking and DAB digital radio
- Toyota Auris 1.33 Icon 5dr with Bluetooth connectivity.
Cars that cost all of your mobility allowance and have an Advance Payment:
You can increase your choice of cars further by topping up your allowance with a non-refundable upfront payment which we call an Advance Payment. This payment covers the difference between your higher rate mobility allowance and the total cost of the lease over the course of your agreement.
- From £99 Advance Payment, the Volkswagen Golf 1.2 S 5dr . This model has a 5” inch colour touchscreen
- From £395 Advance Payment, the Renault Scenic 1.5 Dynamique Tom Tom 5dr with Tom Tom navigation system and dual zone climate control.
For more information on the exact specification of these and other models, please speak to your dealer.
New cars on the Scheme:
We have also increased the choice of cars available, introducing manufacturers that are new to the Scheme, such as Subaru.
Prices change every three months:
This is the last of four pricing changes that will take place in 2014 to keep the Scheme as affordable as we can.
Interested in joining the Scheme?
If you have not leased a car through the Motability Scheme before, find out more about the benefits of leasing through the Motability Car Scheme and check your eligibility to join .
Anyone who receives the following allowances can exchange their weekly payment to lease a new car through the Motability Scheme:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement
Insurance and servicing are also included in your lease. If you receive the allowance but do not wish or are unable to drive, you can also nominate a carer, relative or friend to be your named driver .