Taking care of your car
There are some simple things you can do throughout your lease to make sure your car performs well and is kept in a good condition.
The good news is if you look after your car well, and ensure any faults are reported and put right quickly, you may get a Good Condition Bonus when you hand your car back.
Servicing is included in the cost of your lease and it’s important to respond to any service requests from your dealer. In between services, you should carry out the following regular checks:
- Paintwork - wash the car regularly to maintain its paintwork
- Lights - check they are clean and working properly
- Engine oil level
- Windscreen washer fluid level
- Engine cooling system level
- Tyres (including your spare) - check they’re at the right pressure and are not worn below the legal limit of 1.6 mm
You should also:
- Ensure all faults are put right quickly
- Respond to any manufacturer recall eg if a faulty part needs replacing
If you have any queries about maintaining your car, please ask your managing dealer.