Check your eligibility
The Eligibility Checker tool and the information below will help you to find out if you may be eligible to apply to join the Scheme.
To be eligible to join the Motability Scheme, you need to receive one of the following mobility allowances and you must have at least 12 months’ award length remaining. Please note that the Attendance Allowance cannot be used to lease a car through the Scheme.
- Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
As of 12 April 2021, this allowance is £62.55 per week.
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
As of 14 April 2021, this allowance is £62.55 per week.
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Child Disability Payment (Scotland)
As of 26 July 2021, this allowance is £62.55 per week.
- War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
As of 14 April 2021, this allowance is £69.85 per week.
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
As of 14 April 2020, the mobility element of the allowance is £62.55 per week.
Remember, you can choose to spend your higher rate mobility allowance in whatever way you wish. If you only travel short distances, you might want to consider leasing a Motability Scheme scooter instead of a car.
However, if you only travel occasionally, it might be more cost-effective for you to spend your allowance on other modes of transport such as taxis. Organisations such as and produce high quality information on a number of accessible mobility solutions.