Introducing the Motability Scheme
The Motability Scheme helps you get mobile by exchanging your higher rate mobility allowance to lease a new car, scooter, powered wheelchair or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV).
Whatever you choose, our all-inclusive leasing package will get you on the road so you can enjoy everyday freedom: it’s simple, affordable, reliable.
Want to find out more?
If you receive a higher rate mobility allowance (such as the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment or the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance) you can exchange it to lease a vehicle on the Motability Scheme.
We can send you more information about the Motability Scheme, simply choose how you’d like to receive this be selecting the button below.
How does the Motability Scheme work?
- You pick the brand new car or scooter of your choice, at a price that works for you.
- If you don't drive, don't forget that you can add friends and family as named drivers instead. Or you might be looking for a scooter or powered wheelchair to make getting around easier.
- A typical lease lasts for three years, and we take care of running costs like insurance and breakdown cover as part of our all-inclusive package. All you need to do is add fuel and go.
- Then, at the end of your lease, you hand your vehicle back and you can collect your new one.
Regardless of which Motability Scheme product you choose to get you mobile, all our products come with the same worry-free package, including:
- Insurance (that's for three named drivers on our cars and WAVs)
- Breakdown cover from the RAC (Motability Assist for scooters and powered wheelchairs)
- Servicing and maintenance
- Hundreds of adaptations for your car, many at no extra cost
- Tyre repair and replacement, windscreen repair, MOTs and road tax
- 60,000 mileage allowance for over three years, or 100,000 over five years for WAVs
- Battery replacement for scooters at no extra cost
- Support from our dedicated UK-based Customer Services team (who were recently voted best in the UK).
Why join us?
Motability Scheme dealers will help you choose the product that works for you and your family, and complete the application. We arrange payment with the DWP directly from your allowance. Then at the end of the lease, you can simply hand the vehicle back and start your next lease.
There's a range of vehicles
You choose the budget that works for you, whether that’s paying less than your weekly mobility allowance, exactly the same as your allowance, or your allowance topped-up with a one-off Advance Payment.
You can rely on us
It’s a brand new vehicle or product with insurance and breakdown cover included, so you don’t have to worry about any of the running costs or making arrangements, we’re here to help.
Don't just take our word for it...
Here are some of our happy customers explaining why they chose the Motability Scheme to keep them mobile.
Pauline explains what driving means to her, and how leasing a car through the Motability Scheme helped her achieve her PhD.
New customer, Sophie, shares her experiences of leasing a WAV for the first time.