Can I get a Motability Scheme car on standard rate PIP?
No, standard rate PIP cannot be used to join the Motability Scheme, you must apply for and receive one of the following allowances:
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Adult Disability Payment (Scotland)
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Child Disability Payment (Scotland)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
You will also need to have at least 12 months remaining on your allowance when you apply.