Can I get a Motability Scheme car on standard rate PIP?
No, standard rate PIP cannot be used to join the Motability Scheme, you must instead be in receipt of one of the following allowances:
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Child Disability Payment (Scotland)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
You will also need to have at least 12 months remaining on your allowance when you apply.