1. Print this page

    How will I know when I need to make a claim for Personal Independence Payment (PIP)?

    You do not need to make a claim for PIP until they are individually contacted by the DWP (or the Department for Communities in Northern Ireland).

    The DWP (or Department for Communities in Northern Ireland) are writing to affected DLA recipients between now and 2021 informing them that they need to apply for PIP. The most important thing you can do at this stage is to ensure that the department has your correct contact details.

    Please note that your annual allowance letter that you will receive from the DWP in Spring is not the invitation to make a claim, you will receive separate notice of this. 

    DLA recipients in Great Britain can find out more about PIP at gov.uk/pipOpens in new window , and in Northern Ireland at nidirect.gov.uk/personal-independence-paymentOpens in new window .

    Find out more about Personal Independence Payment and the Motability Scheme

Back to FAQs