The Big Event - NEC, Birmingham (Hall 17)
Friday 28 and Saturday 29 June 2019 – 9am to 4pm
Next year The Big Event is returning to the NEC, Birmingham for its second year. Come along to our flagship event to see the UK's largest display of vehicles for disabled people and discover everything you need to know about worry-free motoring with the Motability Scheme. It's free to attend, with free parking and everyone's welcome!
Visiting The Big Event
The Big Event brings together everything available on the Motability Scheme to make joining the Scheme as easy as possible. It's free to attend and a great day out for the whole family. There will be:
- Nearly 200 cars, Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAVs), adaptations, scooters and powered wheelchairs on display
- The opportunity to test drive adapted and non-adapted cars, including passenger WAV test drive experiences
- Expert speakers giving talks on all aspects of the Scheme
- Motability Scheme advisors available to chat to
- Free parking, free tea, coffee or soft drink
- A children’s play area including a bouncy castle and more...
Click on the links below to find out everything you need to know about The Big Event.
Get your Event Guide
Two weeks before The Big Event the full event guide will be available to view online and download. The guide will include a map of the event and a full list of the vehicles on display and available to test drive.
Free mobility scooter or manual wheelchair hire
We have a limited number of scooters and manual wheelchairs available to borrow free of charge.
Bookings will open at midday on Monday 20 May 2019.
NEW: Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle tasters experiences
New to The Big Event Birmingham, passenger Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) test drives will be available. Book at the event to have an on-the-road passenger WAV test drive with a qualified driving instructor.
NEW! Speaker sessions at The Big Event
The Big Event welcomes a range of expert speakers to its event line-up. Between 10am and 3.30pm guests will be able to attend several talks to find out more about the Motability Scheme.