Nearly New WAVs
If you're looking for a more affordable way to lease a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle through the Motability Scheme then a Nearly New WAV might be the right vehicle for you.
What is a Nearly New WAV?
Our Nearly New WAVs are WAVs that have been returned to us from another customer after less than three years. If you're looking for a more affordable way to lease a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle through the Motability Scheme or would prefer a three-year lease, then a Nearly New WAV might be the right vehicle for you.
Is a Nearly New WAV the right option?
- One is available that suits your needs
- You need to get a WAV quickly
- You need a WAV but would like a lower Advance Payment compared to a new WAV
- You’d like a shorter lease length.
However, there are a few things to consider:
- Not all new WAVs are available as nearly new
- There is a limited amount of stock available – suppliers will only have the vehicles that have been returned early
- Although each Nearly New WAV is quality checked, you should expect some wear consistent with its age.
What's the difference between a new WAV and a Nearly New WAV?
Nearly New WAVs have the same worry-free leasing package as our new vehicles and, so that we can offer guaranteed quality, all Nearly New WAVs are carefully checked by a Motability Scheme-approved supplier.
There are a couple of key differences, which are highlighted in the table below.
|What's the difference?||New WAV||Nearly New WAV|
|Lease length||5 years||3 years|
|Vehicle age||Brand new||Less than three years old|
|Delivery times||On average 12–16 weeks||A few weeks or less|
|Advance Payment||Depends on the WAV||Depends on the WAV but will be less than the equivalent new WAV|