Am I eligible to join the Scheme?
You can apply to join the Motability Scheme if you receive one of these disability allowances:
- Higher rate mobility part of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Higher rate mobility part of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Enhanced rate mobility part of Adult Disability Payment (Scotland)
- Higher rate mobility component of Child Disability Payment (Scotland)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
You need to have at least 12 months left on your allowance if you're applying to join the Scheme. You can check your award length on your allowance award letter, or you can contact your allowance provider.
If you have less than 12 months
You'll need to wait until your allowance provider renews your allowance.
Allowances we cannot accept
You cannot apply to join the Scheme if you receive a lower rate or component of mobility allowance or if you receive Attendance Allowance, Carer’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).
Speak to your allowance provider if you think you could be eligible for one of the qualifying mobility allowances.
If you’re 65 or over
You can apply as long as you already receive one of the qualifying allowances and it has at least 12 months left.