WAV stands for Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. This means you can travel in the vehicle while seat in your wheelchair

Can I part exchange my car?

If you’re new to the Motability Scheme, you might be able to trade in your car to help pay for it. You need to talk to your dealer about this.

They’ll offer you a lower amount for your car than you’d get if you sell it privately, but you’ll have the convenience of being able to keep your car until your new Scheme car is ready.

See how the Scheme works

Related FAQs

What is 'Contract Hire'?

’Contract Hire’ is the type of leasing agreement contract we offer.

Read more

Can I get a car through Hire Purchase?

Hire Purchase is not available through the Motability Scheme anymore.

Read more

How much does joining the Scheme cost and how do I pay?

Some vehicles cost less than your weekly allowance, others cost the same, and some need an Advance Payment. We’ll take your payments straight from your allowance provider.

Read more

What is an Advance Payment and which vehicles need one?

It’s the amount you need to pay upfront for some large or high specification vehicles. It’s in addition to your weekly mobility allowance.

Read more

What happens when prices change?

Our prices are updated every three months so we can offer you the best deals from each manufacturer.

Read more

What are the latest car prices on the Motability Scheme?

We've updated our prices for this quarter. Find out how to see them.

Read more