WAV stands for Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. This means you can travel in the vehicle while seat in your wheelchair

Do I need to tell you if my medical condition changes?

You do not need to tell us about any changes to your medical condition as long as:

  • Your doctor says you can drive
  • You've let the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) know about your condition
  • The DVLA have given you the right driving licence
If you still get your higher rate mobility allowance

You will not need to tell us if your care arrangements change.

If the change means your vehicle is not suitable for you anymore

Please speak to our customer services team.

Contact us

Related FAQs

What happens if I go into residential care?

You can carry on with your lease agreement.

Read more

What happens if my allowance ends before my lease does?

The DWP will send you a renewal pack to reassess your claim.

Read more

What happens if I'm in hospital for more than 28 days?

If you're over 18, your allowance will stop until you come out of hospital. If you're under 18, your allowance will continue.

Read more

What happens if the customer passes away?

Contact us so we can make sure your drivers can keep using the vehicle for two weeks and arrange for it to be picked up.

Read more

What happens to my payments if my allowance increases during my lease?

Whether your increase is paid to us depends whether you’re on a variable or fixed lease.

Read more