WAV stands for Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. This means you can travel in the vehicle while seat in your wheelchair

What happens if my vehicle needs repairs or stops running properly?  

If your vehicle will not start or is not safe to drive

Contact the RAC and they'll help.

If your vehicle stops running properly, needs repairs or needs replacement parts

Contact your dealer. They'll book your vehicle in for maintenance.

They'll also let you know when your vehicle is due for a service.

If your vehicle has been in an accident

Your loss and damage insurance policy covers repairs that affect the safety or normal running of your vehicle.

You do not need to pay for repairs or servicing needed due to everyday use, but you will have to pay for repairs needed for cosmetic damage.

If the damage cannot be repaired

Contact our customer services team.

Learn more about damage cover

Related FAQs

How often does my vehicle need servicing? 

How often your vehicle needs servicing depends on the manufacturer, mileage and time you've had it.

Read more

What can I do if my vehicle is not getting the advertised miles per gallon (MPG)?  

You should only use the MPG as a guide as the real MPG is likely to be lower.

Read more

Why does my vehicle not have a spare wheel?  

Many new cars do not have a spare wheel, but there are other solutions available.

Read more

My adaptation is not working. Who can I speak to?  

Your adaptations installer is the best person to talk to.

Read more

What is a diesel particulate filter (DPF) and how do I get it fixed?

A DPF helps to lower air polution from your car.

Read more

Can I change my dealer in the Motability Scheme online account?

Yes, if you have a car on the Scheme, you can update who your managing dealer is in the ‘Current lease’ section of your account, without speaking to us.

Read more