1. Print this page

    Can I take my Motability car on holiday with me?

    Your insurance cover allows you to take your car abroad within the European Union and to Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein for up to 90 days in any 12 month period.

    If you're thinking of taking your Motability Scheme car abroad, you will need to obtain a VE103 (Vehicle on Hire certificate)Opens in new window from the RAC, which confirms you have our permission to take the car abroad.

    You can request this by calling the RAC on 0800 731 3310 . You will also be offered RAC European Breakdown Cover when you request your VE103.

    Find out more about taking your car abroad

Back to FAQs