1. Print this page

    Do I need a VE103 to travel abroad?

    A VE103 is an authenticated proof of permission from Motability Operations Ltd to take the vehicle abroad. Every driver going abroad from the UK must, by law, carry the vehicle's registration document (V5C). An exception is made for vehicles on hire, where, rental companies, for obvious reasons, will not want the registration document to be carried in the car. In this circumstance, a vehicle on Hire certificate (VE103) must be carried instead. To request a VE103, you should contact the RAC on 0800 731 3310.

    Find out more about taking your car abroad

Back to FAQs