I'm looking for...

Recent searches
Suggested searches
  1. Print this page

    What happens if my mobility allowance has been stopped?

    If the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or Veterans UK decide you are no longer eligible for the mobility allowance, you are responsible for keeping us informed and we will need to make arrangements for the return of the car. You will only pay the cost of the lease until the car is returned. We may refund any Advance Payment on a pro-rata basis e.g. if the lease agreement ended after one year of a three year lease, two-thirds of the Advance Payment may be refunded.

    Please also be aware that as part of the Government's plans to replace Disability Living Allowance (DLA) with Personal Independence Payment (PIP), some disabled people may not qualify for mobility support under PIP or may do so at a lower rate than they had under DLA. As a consequence, they may no longer be eligible for the Motability Scheme. Motability, the charity are offering a one-off transitional support package for these customers.

    Find out if you are eligible for the transitional support package

Back to FAQs