1. Print this page

    What if I need repairs while abroad or on holiday?

    Before your trip, you will have been offered RAC European breakdown cover when you requested your VE103 certificate.

    If you have broken down within Europe, you will need to call 0800 744 745 if you are in France or +33 4 724 366 18 from all other European countries.

    If you call your breakdown assistance while abroad (following an accident or breakdown) and they are unable to repair the car, they will take you to a reputable dealership. Any repairs needed will have to be paid for upfront by yourself, then upon return you can send the receipts in to our Customer Services team to request reimbursement. Please note that cover for legal expenses and replacement locks is not available while you are abroad.

    Find out more about taking your car abroad

Back to FAQs