WAV stands for Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. This means you can travel in the vehicle while seat in your wheelchair

What happens if my allowance stops?

If your allowance provider decides you’re not eligible for your higher rate mobility allowance anymore, you need to let us know. Then we’ll help you to give your vehicle back.

You do not need to pay for your lease once you've given us your vehicle given back.

We might refund any Advance Payment on a pro-rata basis.

As Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is replacing Disability Living Allowance (DLA), some people might not qualify for mobility support or might get a lower rate. This could mean you’re not eligible for the Scheme anymore.

If this happens, there's a transitional support package that might help you, if you're not eligible anymore because of an unsuccessful DLA to PIP reassessment.

Learn about the support package

Related FAQs

What happens if I do not get the higher rate mobility part of PIP?

You will not be able to stay on the Motability Scheme. Your lease will end and you must give your vehicle back.

Read more

What happens if I'm appealing an unsuccessful PIP reassessment?

You can still keep your vehicle for a number of weeks after your last DLA payment.

Read more