WAV stands for Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. This means you can travel in the vehicle while seat in your wheelchair

What do I do if I break down or need repairs while I'm abroad?

It’s always a good idea to get breakdown cover for when you travel abroad. If not, you’ll have to pay any recovery charges.

You’ll be offered RAC European breakdown cover when you ask for your VE103 certificate.

If you break down in a European country

Call 0033 4724 35244.

If you break down in the Republic of Ireland

Call 0800 7311 173.

If you call for breakdown assistance while you're abroad and they cannot repair your vehicle, they’ll take you to a dealer.

You’ll need to pay for any repairs

Once you return, send the receipts to our customer services team and we might reimburse you.

You cannot get cover for legal expenses while you're abroad.

Learn more about taking your vehicle abroad

Related FAQs

Can I take my vehicle abroad and how does this work?

You can take your vehicle abroad but there are limits based on type of vehicle you have and the length of time you're travelling for.

Read more