WAV stands for Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. This means you can travel in the vehicle while seat in your wheelchair

Can I transfer an adaptation from my old vehicle? 

We’re working to make as many adaptations transferable as possible.

Speak to an adaptations installer to find out if the adaptation you need is transferable at the end of your lease.

If you already have an adaptation

The information will be in the documents you got when we accepted your application to join the Scheme.

Which adaptations can be transferred depends on if the adaptation is suitable for your new vehicle. Your adaptations installer can talk to you about which adaptations work best with each vehicle.

There’s no extra cost to transfer most adaptations

If there is a charge, you'll need to pay it directly to the installer and let our insurance provider know, for insurance reasons.

Learn more about adaptations

Related FAQs

Which adaptations can I get and how do I get them?

We'll arrange a Driving Mobility test to help you decide which adaptations you need.

Many adaptations on the Motability Scheme are now available at no additional cost, as long as they’re fitted at the start of your lease. If you’re not able to afford essential adaptations, the Motability Foundation might be able to help.

Read more

Can I add adaptations during my lease?

It's best to chat with an adaptations installer about any adaptations you want to add.

Read more

Can I modify my vehicle or add extras? 

You can add factory-fitted optional extras or accessories to your vehicle when you order it. You’ll need to pay any extra costs.

Read more

Can I have a tow bar fitted?

Yes, but need to pay for it. Your dealer can give you advice and recommend a fitter.

Read more

Can I add a personalised number plate to my car?

You can add personalised number plates to your car or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle).

Read more