WAV stands for Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. This means you can travel in the vehicle while seat in your wheelchair

What happens if I do not get the higher rate mobility part of PIP?

You need to receive a qualifying mobility allowance to be eligible to join the Motability Scheme.

If the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) decide you’re not eligible for this part of PIP, you cannot apply to join the Scheme.

If you stop receiving an eligible allowance

Contact our customer services team. We’ll write to you to let you know your lease is ending and we’ll help you give your vehicle back.

You might be eligible for a support package if you have not been awarded PIP after a DLA to PIP reassessment.

Your support package
Contact us

Related FAQs

What happens if I'm appealing an unsuccessful PIP reassessment?

You can still keep your vehicle for a number of weeks after your last DLA payment.

Read more

What happens if my allowance stops?

We'll help you return your vehicle and might offer you a transistion package.

Read more