WAV stands for Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. This means you can travel in the vehicle while seat in your wheelchair

Which PIP rate do I need to join the Scheme?

You need to receive the higher rate mobility part of PIP to join the Scheme, or one of these other allowances:

You need to have at least 12 months left on your allowance when you apply. If you have less, you’ll need to wait until your allowance provider renews your allowance.

You cannot apply to join the Motability Scheme if you receive a lower rate or component of mobility allowance.

If things change and you’re awarded the higher rate mobility part of PIP, you can apply to join the Scheme.

Check if you're eligible
Learn more about PIP

Related FAQs

What is Personal Independence Payment (PIP)?

It’s to help with the extra costs of living with a long-term health condition or disability. It is not means-tested, or affected by earnings or savings.

Read more

When will I be reassessed for PIP?

You do not need to do anything until the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) writes to you.

Read more