This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience, by continuing to browse on the website you are agreeing to our cookie policy.


We are currently completing planned system maintenance and our Customer Services call centre will be closed on Saturday 18 November. We will be open again as normal on Monday 20 November. You may find the answer to your question here or if your enquiry is about insurance or breakdown, please contact our Scheme partners directly.

Print this page
Print this page

Breakdown cover after leaving the Motability Scheme

Breakdown cover with the RAC was included in your Motability Scheme package. As you move on, you might want to get breakdown cover for additional peace of mind.

Finding breakdown cover

If you are looking for a breakdown recovery company, you could start by considering the type of service you need. Usually each company offers a variety of different packages. Shop around online to see what’s available.

As a former Motability Scheme customer, you may be entitled to an introductory discount from the RACOpens in new window . Other companies such as the AA Opens in new window and Green FlagOpens in new window also offer roadside assistance policies. Cost comparison websites are a good starting point to compare the different policies available.

If you tend to travel short distances close to your home, you may find your local garage offers a more suitable solution.