I'm looking for...

Recent searches
Suggested searches
  1. Print this page

    I live in Scotland and will shortly turn 16, what allowance do I need to apply for?

    Social Security Scotland have taken over responsibility for disability assistance payments from the DWP for people living in Scotland and have introduced Child Disability Payment, which will eventually replace DLA for children aged 3 months to 18 years living in Scotland.

    If you currently live in Scotland and receive DLA you will not be required to apply for PIP before your 16th birthday and will instead remain on DLA until you are transferred to Child Disability Payment. You will then continue to receive Child Disability Payment until you are 18.

    Find out more about Child Disability Payment

Back to FAQs