When the big day arrives
Once your vehicle’s ready, you can pick it up from your dealer. Give the dealer a call about a week before to check it’s ready.
Remember – if you need to pay an Advance Payment, you’ll pay that on the day you pick your vehicle up. If it’s a cheque, you’ll need to hand it to them seven days before, so it has time to clear. If you've chosen to use your £750 New Vehicle Payment to help towards your Advance Payment, you'll just need to pay the difference on the day.
To collect your vehicle, you need to bring:
- Proof of identity, like a UK passport or driving licence for the customer or their appointee
- The driving licence if another driver is collecting and driving the vehicle away
- The PIN we sent you – you can see this in your online account
A few final checks
- Your lease begins as soon as you enter your PIN – look over your vehicle and make sure you’re happy with it first, as entering your PIN signs your contract
- Make sure the dealer gives you a tour of your vehicle and explains how the features work, but they might not explain how your adaptations work, if they're complex
- Check there is not any damage
- Check your name, if you’re driving the vehicle, and any drivers are on your new insurance cover note
- Give your dealer your contact details, so they can send you service reminders
- If you asked for adaptations, check they've been installed
Enjoy your car
Once you’re happy enter your PIN, pick up your keys, then drive it away and enjoy your freedom.