On Saturday 20 October we are completing planned system maintenance, therefore our Customer Services team will have limited system access and may not be able to fully complete all requests during this time. We are happy for you to call us, but you may find the answer to your question here or if your enquiry is about insurance or breakdown, please contact our Scheme partners directly.

  1. How will I know when I need to make a claim for Personal Independence Payment (PIP)?

    Print this page
    Print this page

    Existing DLA claimants do not need to make a claim for PIP until they are individually contacted by the DWP (or the Department for Communities in Northern Ireland).

    The DWP (or Department for Communities in Northern Ireland) are writing to affected DLA recipients between now and 2019 informing them that they need to apply for PIP. The most important thing you can do at this stage is to ensure that the department has your correct contact details.

    Please note that your annual allowance letter that you will receive from the DWP in Spring is not the invitation to make a claim, you will receive separate notice of this. 

    DLA recipients in Great Britain can use the PIP checker at gov.uk/pip-checkerOpens in new window to see if PIP affects you.

    DLA recipients in Northern Ireland can find out more about PIP at www.nidirect.gov.uk/personal-independence-payment. Opens in new window

Back to FAQs