This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience, by continuing to browse on the website you are agreeing to our cookie policy.

  1. What if I’m travelling to Ireland?

    Print this page
    Print this page

    If you live in England, Scotland or Wales and are travelling to the Republic of Ireland you will need to obtain a VE103 form from the RAC (this form is confirmation that you have permission to take the car abroad).

    If you live in Northern Ireland, you will still need to request a VE103 form before you travel to the Republic of Ireland.
    You can take your Scheme car abroad anywhere within the European Union and to Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein free of charge, up to 90 days in any 12 month period, once you’ve obtained a VE103 certificate.

    Request a VE103 form by calling the RAC on 0800 731 3310.

Back to FAQs